Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It is a gathering of approximately 20,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members.
Table of Contents
How to Register
Step #1: Register and pay your deposit at on our National Jamboree calendar event: Crater Lake Council – 2023 National Jamboree
Step #2: Register on the National Jamboree site after the Council has received the deposit we will send you the to register through the National Jamboree site.
Why the National Jamboree?
Participants in the National Jamboree learn that character is created when you achieve more than you thought possible.
The first Boy Scouts of America national jamboree was scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., in 1935 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Scouting in America. Unfortunately, the jamboree was canceled because of a polio outbreak in Washington. When the first jamboree was finally held in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. There were 27,232 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Monument. Since that time, an additional 18 national jamborees have been held, the last in 2017.
About the National Jamboree
Every four years, the Crater Lake Council puts together a Jamboree Contingent. The Contingent consists of 1 unit comprised of 36 youth and 4 adult leaders. This year’s unit will be a Troop comprised of male and female Scouts.
Participant Qualifications & Information
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis.
Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop
- Has completed 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but has not reached their 18th birthday by 08/01/2023)
- Has reached their First Class Scout rank by 07/01/2023
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct
At the time of registration, Scouts will be placed in the Jamboree Troop. Each Scout will be a member of a patrol within this Jamboree Troop. Every contingent member will be required to participate in and have the following:
- Troop meetings
- A completed National Jamboree Medical form signed by a licensed physician
- Attend the all-contingent gathering
- Attend an overnight training encampment
- Have all fees paid no later than 03/01/2023
Costs & Fees
Pricing & Registration
The 2023 Jamboree with touring is approximately $3,700-$4,000 for participants as of 05/06/2022. The final fee will be determined after the National Council sets and initializes their fee.
A non-refundable reservation fee of $250 must accompany the initial registration.
We highly suggest that regular payments be made on a schedule that works within your budget. Full payment must be received no later than 03/01/2023 in order for the participant to attend.
- $250 non-refundable deposit per youth at time of registration
- $1,250 non-refundable by 09/15/2022
- $2,500 non-refundable by 12/01/2022
- $3,200 non-refundable by 02/01/2022
- Final amount of $3,950 non-refundable by 05/01/2023
If for some reason a participant is unable to attend, a refund may be considered minus the non-refundable amount according to the payment schedule shown above. If for some reason a participant is unable to attend and is able to fill his/her spot with another eligible participant, a full refund minus the initial $250 deposit will be approved.
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are many costs that care incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Airfare to and from the East Coast
- Luggage fees
- Hotel and security
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear, including all Troop-specific gear (flags, unit numerals, water bottles, hats, shirts, jackets, backpack, duffle bag, patches, etc.)
- Jamboree event fee
- Bus transportation to all tour locations
- Bus transportation to and from Jamboree with dedicated bus drivers
- A tour team to organize and facilitate all touring aspects
Jamboree National Application & Scholarship
A National Jamboree Scholarship will be available to apply for. Details to be announced.
These meetings are mandatory in order to participate in the National Jamboree.
Jamboree December Shakedown Meeting
December 10th – December 12th
Jamboree April Gear & Camping Shakedown Meeting
April 21st – April 23rd