Autumn may be here, but that doesn’t mean we can’t look forward to sunny skies and next summer! We would like to invite you and your Scouting unit to join us at the Crater Lake Council’s Summer Resident Camps for 2022! Camping is a great time in the life of a Scout. It is a lifelong memory with friends as they enjoy experiences that shape lives, build character, and encourage growth. As Lord Robert Baden Powell, the founder of Scouting, said: a week of camp life is worth six months of theoretical teaching in the classroom. When properly applied, the Scouting program teaches, builds, and forges strength and confidence. This is our mission for your Scouts when they step foot into our summer camps. We are fortunate to have such a great outdoor space.
Right now is the time to decide with your unit what your summer camp attendance plans are for the 2022 season. Starting your planning now will help your Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA youth to be prepared. Additionally, adults and other attendees will have time to plan and prepare their time to be involved.
Our online portals will be open on October 1, 2021! Until then, please read the following information below so that you can begin to properly prepare for your summer camp adventure.
Fee Prices for Scouts BSA Resident Camp
Scouts BSA Youth $394.00
Scouts BSA Adult $209.00
Fee Prices for Cub Scout Resident Camp
Cub Scout Youth $209.00
Cub Scout Adult $168.00
Summer Camp Dates
Friday – Wednesday June 24 – June 29
Scouts BSA Resident Camp
Session #1 July 10 – July 16
Session #2 July 17 – July 23
Session #3 July 24 – July 30
Cub Scout Resident Camp
Session #1 August 1 – August 4
Session #2 August 4 – August 7
Summer Camp Deadlines
October 1, 2021 – June 15, 2022
- Camp Unit Reservation using the online registration portal opens on October 1st, 2021
- Camp Unit Reservation using the online unit registration portal closes on June 15th, 2022
February 28, 2022
- Non-refundable fee of $25.00 per Scout and adult participant is due.
- This includes your “estimated” attendance – the anticipated number of youth and adults that will be attending summer camp with your unit.
April 1, 2022
- 50% of the total fee is due.
- Fee per attendee must equal 50% of the camp fee.
- Forfeiture of your reserved spot will occur if 50% is not received.
- Online merit badge selection and registration window opens for Scouts BSA Resident Camp.
- 50% of total registration fee payment must be met to register Scouts for merit badges.
May 1, 2022
- Full and complete roster is due.
- 100% of registration fees are due.
May 2, 2022 – June 15, 2022
- A $50.00 late registration fee per Scout will be added after May 1, 2022*
- The ability to modify unit rosters will be turned off on June 15, 2022.
*Note that bridging Webelos and newly recruited Scouts will not be charged the $50.00 fee