Welcome to Recharter Season 2020-2021
All units in the Crater Lake Council should submit their recharter by December 1st, 2020. The Internet Recharter system opens on October 1st.
Successful Recharter Steps
- Assign your recharter processor. A recharter processor should be detail-oriented and good with technology.
- Complete a roster check and confirm any missing members. Register any missing members. Any Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Committee Chairman, or Charter Represenative can check their roster on my.scouting under the member manager tab.
- Make sure all leaders have completed Youth Protection Training with a completion date after January 1st, 2020.
- Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Crew Advisor, Post Advisor, Committee Chairman, Charter Representative can check your current training roster on my.scouting using the training tab.
- You can submit applications using BeAScout.
Do Your Best
- Review the online recharter tutorial.
- Log on to the online recharter system.
- Collect fees from all members
- Complete online recharter process
- If the recharter was not signed online, have Charter Represenative or Institutional Head Sign the recharter paperwork.
- If the recharter was not paid online, bring a payment check with the recharter paperwork.
- Submit Paperwork
- Completed signed recharter paperwork. Do not submit the draft version
- Any missing youth or adult applications. Make sure your applications are filled out completely. Find out more about common errors on applications.
- Youth protection and criminal background check forms
- Journey to Excellence forms
- Friends of Scouting date
Do Your Duty
- The recharter process is not complete until all issues are fixed
- Stay in communication with the district on the recharter process and any issues
Raise the Colors
- Print and distribute your membership cards.
- Print and present the charter certificate to your Charter Organization.
- How to Print Membership Cards and Charter Certificates
- Charter presentation ceremony
Membership Fees and Payments:
To ensure we have the resources to fulfill the promise of Scouting, the updated joining fee (which includes the Crater Lake Council $6 yearly fee per member) for Scouts is
- $72 for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouts participants
- $48 for Exploring participants
- $48 for all adult volunteers (includes the cost of background check)
- $75 for a unit charter fee
There is also a one-time $25 joining fee for new program participants in Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouts; however, there is no joining fee for Exploring participants, participants previously registered in any BSA program, those transferring from one program to another.
These fees are prorated per month. Click here for prorated fees.
Assistance with the Cost of Scouting
The Crater Lake Council Executive Board and leadership believe that every youth should have the opportunity to benefit from Scouting. But, there may be circumstances where youth and his/her family needs a little help financially to take part in Scouting activities. To address this, our council has allocated part of its annual budget (funded through Friends of Scouting, grants, and scholarship donations) to help.
There are three assistance programs: Camperships, Uniform Assistance, and Membership Assistance. Find out more about receiving assistance