Youth Program Facilitator
Part Time Position (no more than 30 hours a week)
Hourly pay: $20-$25 an hour, depending on experience. Travel will be reimbursed at the government-allowed rate.
We’re excited to find someone who truly wants to make a difference. This is a service role, working primarily with volunteers to help them run their programs (primarily in the Cub Scout and Scouts BSA programs) more efficiently and effectively.
No prior experience with the Boy Scouts of America program is necessary: training will be provided. The role is largely self-directed. Meetings typically occur in the evenings, so an ability to be available to work then is a must.
In this role you will:
- Assess how the volunteers are operating their group and determine ways to help them improve the quality of the program being delivered to our youth.
- Hold individual meetings with volunteers approximately 3 times monthly to ensure that they are adequately planning for meetings with their Scouts and assist them where necessary.
- Use your knowledge of available resources to point volunteers to the appropriate persons/resources.
- Be an empathetic ear for volunteers and help them problem-solve.
- Help volunteers plan for recruitment (potentially take the lead in helping units find more Scouts).
- Follow up with families that want to join Scouting.
- Promote Scouting on social media, and at school and community events.
We are looking for someone with:
- A passion for working with volunteers and helping youth.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of empathy and compassion.
- The ability to self-start and self-educate.
- Good problem perception skills and a knack for problem-solving.
- A high level of organization and the ability to help others build organizational systems.
- A strong desire to make the organization better for the youth that we serve.
- Availability to work up to 4 evenings a week, generally 4:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M., and 1 Saturday a month.
- A high level of comfort using various technology (computers, smart phones, etc.).
- Experience with social media.
- Must have own transportation.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Jim Westfall at email@example.com.